The old "L" structure shows some rust here,
as well as evidence of what is apparently much newer paint. The brick tower under
the "L" in the distance tops the former Dearborn Station, once
used by the Santa Fe railroad, as well as by some lesser lines. The 1885 depot has been restored, and is
now used mostly for offices.
Above and beyond the "L" the then-named Sears Tower (now
Willis Tower), Chicago's, and the
building, reaches upward.