The 4th St. Bridge carries three lanes of highway
traffic, with the T-Third running on traffic lanes, across Mission Channel.
The historic structure in its original form dates to 1917. It was significantly upgraded
for seismic retrofitting, structural reinforcement and the addition of light rail, a
project that turned out to be complex, delayed and over-budget. Its
historic appearance was retained.