At the downtown end of the St. Charles
Streetcar the line uses one-way Carondelet St. inbound, and then turns onto
Canal St. for a single block to reach St. Charles Ave. for the outbound
run. Car 948 in this view is making the turn onto Canal.
The cars on this route were originally manufactured by Perley Thomas
more than eighty years ago, between 1922 and 1924.